Saturday, November 13, 2010

A moment of faith

Yesterday, someone spotted the large St. Benedict's crucifix that I was wearing, and said, "Are you a Christian?" When I responded, "Yes!" this person said, "Well, I'm an atheist," and seeing no reaction, then decided to up the ante by stating, "no, I mean I believe in the Devil, and he will kill everyone!"
It was obvious that the person sought an emotional reaction, but I felt an overwhelming calm and said, "The Devil cannot do anything to me, because Jesus died to save me and all believers." For once, this person fell silent.

2 comments:

  1. Here is a picture of a St. Benedict's crucifix: http://www.discountcatholicproducts.com/St-Benedict-Black-Crucifix--P1225C109.aspx
    Ironically, I had sold my delicate 14K gold crucifix which I had worn since Robert gave it to me. I had missed wearing a sign of my faith, and decided to wear this less expensive, but far more dramatic and noticeable crucifix, which Robert's mom, Doris had given me. It reminds me of Doris and the example of prayer and love she set during her earthly life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This atheist/satanist guy is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete