Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What's so great about Lemi Shine?



Lemi Shine is a dishwasher detergent additive that has saved me hundreds of dollars! How is that possible? I was ready to ditch my four year old dishwasher before I found this product.

I live in Pasco County, Florida and have hard well water. I thought a water softener would be all I needed to have clean dishes, clothes and appliances. After a couple of years in my new home, I noticed that my dishes were not getting clean any longer, even though I was using the same enzyme-containing dishwasher detergent and a rinse aid and the same treated water. It sure looked like my basic building-contracter-selected (cheap) dishwasher was already giving up the ghost.

The film on my glassware was absolutely disgusting and nothing would remove it. I tried hand-scrubbing and soaking in various cleaning agents to no avail. Ugh, who wants to serve a guest or family member a drink in a glass that looks like it has never been washed? So, I did some reading and learned that recent environmental regulations had completely changed the formulation of nearly all available dishwasher detergents. Previously, phosphates did much of the cleaning work; now they are banned in enough places that it isn't really worth manufacturing the kind containing phosphates.

Then I found out about Lemi Shine. It contains citric acid and other ingredients that are safe for the environment. You use it alone or in conjuction with your favorite dishwasher detergent. I used it in an empty cycle to clean my machine, and then ran a load of clouded glassware. They emerged sparkling! I was thrilled!

Lemi Shine has other uses which are posted on its website: http://www.lemishine.com/. It is in a very convenient plastic container; it pours easily and you don't have to worry about getting a splash of water on it, unlike the cardboard containers used for most powdered detergents. I buy mine at Publix; check the Lemi Shine website of Facebook page to see where you can buy it. I highly recommend Lemi Shine!

p.s. Full disclosure: If you like my blog post, Lemi Shine may consider giving me some free product as a reward for sharing my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment