Monday, September 6, 2010

Bike ride on Labor Day

  Rode my bicycle around the neighborhood for about a half hour during the late morning, just before lunchtime.  Saw the mini-cattle, Curly & Moe again!  Curly was relaxing, reclined under a shade tree, while Moe was grazing?  Or was it the other way around?  They are pretty much identical -- I can't tell them apart!  Didn't stop to say "hello" to them because their owner doesn't want them to get too friendly with anyone but him - that makes them tend to wander. 
   Three puppies chased me for a few yards; I wish their owner would not allow them to play in the street.  Saw some kids driving ATVs - supervised by parents, but no helmets or shoes - that's not their way up here in the boondocks.  Hmm, I didn't wear a bike helmet either, but then I only go about 10 mph.  Still - guess I could set a better example!
    When I got home the neighbor's chihuahua started barking at me with a big-dog bravado - too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment